What is Home Control?
With more and more smart electronics playing a central role in your daily lives, you deserve an even smarter role at home. Home automation systems like Control4 and Savant have the mastermind solution, making it possible for virtually any appliance or device in your home to intelligently communicate with another – from locks to lights, doors to drapes – and you the ability to control them, no matter where you are.
Create the perfect movie ambiance in one touch. Tell your thermostat what to do from Thailand. Manage music in multiple rooms. Get a text when your teenager comes home. Home Automation gives you flexible solutions to design the home automation system of your dreams on a very real budget.
Because a home automation system makes it possible for virtually everything in your home to work together – from TVs to receivers, Blu Ray players, stereos, speakers, even security systems, garage doors, pools and much more – your ideas of control can be as unique as you are.
Bright ideas worth $avings
Maybe you’d like to make the perfect ambiance possible in every room. Or perhaps you’re just looking for a few easy ways to save energy. No matter what your intention, intelligent lighting with Savant and Control4 is always a bright idea. Here are just a few brilliant examples:
- Have the lights in the house turn on automatically to welcome you home
- Program the lights to go on at sunset and off at daybreak, or set them to replicate your normal usage pattern when you’re out of town so it looks like you’re home even when you’re not
- Experience hands-free illumination when entering a dark hallway; motion sensors can make sure you never have to fumble around in the dark
- Turn the whole house off in one touch with a “Good Night” scene – some lights can go completely off as the kids’ dim to 10%
- Program your lights to turn off automatically when a room is unoccupied for a certain amount of time
- Set your lights to a maximum level of 80%; your eyes won’t notice the difference but your utility bill will!
Get comfortable & save
With Home Automation systems like Savant and Control4, it’s easy to take advantage of intelligent automation that contributes to a more comfortable home – and a more efficient planet. Here are just a few ideas:
- Program your shades and thermostat to automatically adjust for maximum energy efficiency based on the seasons, time of day or outside temperature
- Control your thermostat from any Crestron and Control4 interface – even your iPhone
- Use dimmers, timers and occupancy sensors to reduce energy waste
- Use motion sensors to turn lights off automatically when rooms are unoccupied
- Program your pool and sprinkler systems to source water only during energy-efficient windows
A low-budget, big-bang production
Whether home theater means a cozy corner of your living room or a screening room with theater seating, you’ll appreciate the flexibility of Home Automation solutions when it comes to enjoying your favorite entertainment at home. Here are just a few examples of what you can do with Savant and Control4:
- Simplify your audio, video, and home theater components with one remote to control all
- Turn your television into an elegant interface from which you can access and control your entire home
- Access all movies in your movie server or NAS drive from one interface, and search by cover art
- Create a one-touch scene to lower the lights and shades, plus adjust the temperature to create the perfect ambiance for movie night
Any song, any room, any time
With installation easier than you ever imagined, you can have the music solution of your dreams in just a few hours. Here are just a few examples that show how Home Automation can bring music into every room in your house:
- Play music from multiple formats and sources, including radio, and streaming music services
- Choose to hear classical in the den, Blues in the kitchen, and rap in the teen’s room – all at the same time
- Access to over 4.5 million songs in any or all rooms anytime with Rhapsody* *Rhapsody membership requires a nominal fee.